TITLE: Living with COVID -19
1. Object of the Competition
The competition is addressed to Graphic Design students from public and private Colleges/Universities in Cyprus, and to students from all Lyceums and Technical Schools, who attend the related fields.
“Living with COVID -19”
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the lives of people in every corner of the globe. “It has become a reference point. Our lives have changed, turning everything we took for granted into necessity, and our necessities into a luxury.
A different world has dawned for all of us. We went through a global freeze. We lived with the insecurity of today and the uncertainty of tomorrow. Our present has changed and our future is unknown. An invisible wall has been put up between people’s relations. The smile, now an “endangered” gesture, is hidden behind a mask. This is “Life with COVID -19”.
How will “Life with COVID -19” be for each and every one, how important it is in our lives, in the lives of others and in society as w a whole? What changes has this unexpected, annoying and scary visitor brought to all of us? “Life with COVID -19”, is about how much it has affected each one of us personally, our society, our country, the whole planet.
2. Participation terms
- The competition is Pancyprian.
- All students of the third grade of Lyceums and Technical Schools have the right to participate, as well as college and university students who follow Graphic Studies.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to email@example.com (poster category) and firstname.lastname@example.org (video category) by June 1, 2021
- Each contestant can submit up to two different proposals.
3. Poster / Video
Each Poster/Video should address the topic with a simple and easy-to-understand way. More specifically, the key points which must serve the creation of the Poster/Video, are as follows:
- Ingenuity and simplicity of the design.
- Uniqueness and authenticity of the idea.
- Easy-to-memorize by the general public.
Note: The Poster/Video must be original and not being used before for any other purpose.
4. Technical Specifications for the Poster design.
The poster must be an A3 size and be sent in PDF or JPEG format.
5. Technical Specifications for the creation of a Short movie.
The duration must not exceed 30 seconds.
Accepted genres: fiction, experimental, factual, cartoon and stop motion animation.
Movie format: H264, MPEG4
Proposals/Entries will be reviewed by a special committee, comprised by different members for the High school students and college/university students.
Winners, according to their category, will be awarded scholarships by various colleges/universities in Cyprus, in fields related to design.
The official presentation of the works selected and the awarding of prizes will take place at a special exhibition. Detailed information will follow.
The I LOVE GRAPHIC. THE EVENT, is co-organized by the International Motion Festival, Cyprus – IMF, under the auspices of Nicosia Municipality.
For information about the Poster category, send your email to email@example.com or call 99537687. For the Video category, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 99537939.